Isn’t this wonderful? And it’s all of the work of my sister, Heidi! She’s such an awesome builder. I was just with her on Friday & we took this photo.
It was time for change & we’ve been working on this for a few months because:
- the red has served it’s purpose, but people were tired of the photo
- it was great for branding though
- I needed something more professional with new branding
- I wanted to make it easier to access my resources – see tabs
- my speaking engagements deserve highlighting
- and after a year it was time for a change!
A quick tour around:
- The blog is still a WordPress blog which my sister magically made to feel like the rest
- The rest of the site is Joomla & pretty cool. I can easily edit it
- There are forums with a private area for Community people to discuss life privately
A couple of cool features here on the blog – there are two sets of tabs that save a lot of space. My sister tweaked the CSS so they highlight when you mouseover them.
And today I saw a very cool way to continue to build my Twitter community and help all of you connect with people who comment on my blog.
- When you comment, you can add your Twitter name – I put in an example below
- Then it is turned into a hyperlink for others to connect to you with!
- Leave a comment & try it out! Here’s the plug in so you can have the same coolness.
- A friend said that @jowyang & @ChrisBrogan should use it to make it easier to connect with their community. It’s a great idea guys!
I’d love to have your feedback on the redesign. Suggestions? It’s never done. And my sister has redone many blogs including that of Sean O’Driscoll & Mari Smith. You can find her at SolutionsByHeidi.com