I was doing some things in MyBlogLog.com and saw Wayne Sutton’s collaborative effort towards building community around those preparing for the hurricane. He is using Twitter but it’s being broadcast in his MyBlogLog stream which allows me to read it as a set. (I have 1500 people in Twitter & the noise level is high.)
- There’s a ning for hurricane info – join & share information
- On Twitter they’re using the hash tag #gustav
- Live Twitter tracking by @jazzychad
- And a ref librarian at Jefferson Parrish put up Yahoo pipes tracking tweets.
- And Wayne is using his FriendFeed account to post all links.
- *Update – Margaret Saizan is blogging updates at
People are commenting on Twitter that @RedCross is giving out more up-to-date info than the mainstream media. (My question is it really the Red Cross – after the Janet @Exxon deal. But we can worry about that after the hurricane!).
I hope that helps connect people in some small way. It’s great to see these tools utilized quickly to hopefully save lives.
I’m in Minnesota so quite a ways from the storm. I did see a request on Twitter asking for help & to email her at email@example.com